Thursday 24 March 2011

The Time Will Come #7

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company, where we spotlight books that have been sitting on our shelves for too long- books that we really want to read but never manage to get round to.
My pick this week is Glimmerglass by Jenna Black, which is book one in the Faerywalker series. There are mixed reviews about this one but I really wanted to give it a try, and bought it with a bunch of books that I treated myself to for my birthday all the way back in October. However, at the time I'd just read Eyes Like Stars, Wondrous Strange, and The Iron King and REALLY needed a break from stories about faeries and the fae, before I got completely mixed up with all my mythologies. Since then it has just been sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me to get round to it.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

It’s all she’s ever wanted to be, but it couldn’t be further from her grasp…



Dana Hathaway doesn’t know it yet, but she’s in big trouble. When her alcoholic mom shows up at her voice recital drunk, again, Dana decides she’s had enough and runs away to find her mysterious father in Avalon: the only place on Earth where the regular, everyday world and the captivating, magical world of Faerie intersect. But from the moment Dana sets foot in Avalon, everything goes wrong, for it turns out she isn't just an ordinary teenage girl—she's a Faeriewalker, a rare individual who can travel between both worlds, and the only person who can bring magic into the human world and technology into Faerie.


Soon, Dana finds herself tangled up in a cutthroat game of Fae politics. Someone's trying to kill her, and everyone seems to want something from her, from her newfound friends and family to Ethan, the hot Fae guy Dana figures she’ll never have a chance with… until she does. Caught between two worlds, Dana isn’t sure where she’ll ever fit in and who can be trusted, not to mention if her world will ever be normal again…


Sounds intriguing right? I need to give up working so that I have more time to read all these books...
Has anyone read this one already? Is it good?

4 comments:

  1. The first time I read that blurb I had no idea what I was reading, my mind just wouldn't absorb it so the whole thing sounded mental.
    On a second read, it did indeed sound intriguing, I'll be looking forward to your reiview :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the blurb sounds intriguing, I will definitely keep my eye out for this one! Looking forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. l am still undecided about fairy books. This is a very popular one and l was tempted to get it for my kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate- I know I did the same thing! I didn't absorb it all the first time I read that blurb!

    Evie and Jodie- I'll let you know if it's any good. If I EVER get around to reading it!

    Thanks for stopping by. X

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva