Friday 22 April 2011

Book Blogger Hop #1

Book Blogger Hop

This is the first book blogger hop I've been able to join in with- normally I'm too busy on a friday, but with today being a bank holiday (yippee!), I'm at home and at the ready with my computer.
The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event hosted by Crazy For Books where we can talk books, visit some new blogs, make new friends, and find out more about each other. Todays question is-

"If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?"


My answer:
Yes, most of the time. If I really loved a certain book or series then I may have a look to see what else that author has written. There are some books where the story just captures you and you're so caught up you forget where you really are (Richelle Mead, Kelley Armstrong). These are the authors where I know anytime they publish something new it's bound to be great no matter what it's about. But I'll not always get it- only if that new book is in a genre that I know I'll be interested in.
But yes, I'm definitely more interested in new titles where I recognise the author. Most recently for example- I'm definitely more interested in the upcoming books Pledge by Kimberley Derting, and Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs just because I've loved other books by these authors.

6 comments:

  1. Hurrah for bank holidays! Hope you enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to do the Book Blogger Hop, too. I love reading other people's responses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great answer. Nice blog too.

    New Follower.

    Stopping by from the blog hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the hop to take a peek at your site! Love that you are reading Matched! It is my current favorite book! Hope you LOVE it!

    KW
    http://www.ekfamilybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through via the hop! I have yet to read Matched but I have hear great things about it. I look forward to your review :) New Follower.

    <3 Happy Reading!
    Patricia @ Patricia's Particularity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog, I agree that all books need a bit of romance in them! just hopping by, I'm at http://coldmoonviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva