Sunday 17 April 2011

In My Mailbox 17th April 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. This is where we can show off the books we got this week.
So my attempt at trying to reign myself in and not get any more books until I've read some of the mountain of books I've already got - yeah, that didn't last very long. These are the books I got this week-

Bought:
  • City Of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare- Yay! It finally came! *Happy dance!* Surely this needs no explanation. If you haven't read 'The Mortal Instruments' yet, why not?
  • The Folk Keeper by Franny Billingsley- This is a very short book, written as diary entries by a girl who is a Folk keeper. "Her job is to keep the mysterious Folk who live beneath the ground at bay." Sounds interesting right?
  • Dark Visions by L.J Smith. I've actually never read anything by this author despite her being recommended to me by a few different people. I really need to stay away from The Works bookshop- I just can't resist it when I see new books for £1.60!



From the Library:
  •  Siren by Tricia Rayburn- Wow, this looks great and it's getting great reviews. The eyes on the cover are really creepy!
  • Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin- Ok, I'll admit it, I have no idea what this is about but I keep seeing it on the blogs. Sometimes it's quite nice to dive into a story and have no idea beforehand what to expect!
  • I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore- Saw the film and really liked it. Now going to read the book. I always try and read the book before I see the film but just didn't get a chance with this one.
  • Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry- Zombies baby! This looks like an action packed read about 2 brothers who hunt zombies.
  • Godmother: The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon- I went searching for Mermaid by this author and found this instead. It looks great, a story about the fairy godmother who got Cinderella to the ball, and is now a lonely old woman working in a Manhattan book store.



For Review:
  • Ultraviolet by R.J Anderson- Love the sound of this one. Story about a girl accused of murder and sectioned in a mental institution after claiming that the victim just disintegrated in front of her. Sounds eerily supernatural. Published in June. For review from the publisher.

So those are my books! What books did you get this week?

9 comments:

  1. I've been testing out that whole restraint thing... doesn't work.

    Erm, I've not read the Mortal Instruments yet. Don't shoot me! I have made the first step and bought City of Bones this week :)

    I like the look of Rot and Ruin, probably because I've never read anything about zombie's before but always here a lot about them.

    Hope you enjoy all of your new books (and maybe do a little better at not buying new ones next week)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CoFA is awesome. :D
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great week for you =)
    I LOVE The Works! But l hate how they chuck the books around =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week. I have Rot and Ruin, Low Read Moon and I Am Number Four on my tbr pile - well them and a few hundred others.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great books! I hope you like CoFA and I Am Number Four! I have some of your other books on my reading list as well. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ultraviolet does sound eery, but really good. And so does the Folk Keeper.

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books this week! I gotta get my hands on I am Number One before I decide to watch the movie! And Ultraviolet looks awesome!

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed Dark Visions, and hope you do too. Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Awesome books ... but that's definitely NOT reigning yourself in!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva