Sunday 1 May 2011

In My Mailbox 1st May 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, where we can show off which books we have received this week.
This week I got the the following books:

Bought:

  • The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter. I've wanted this for ages and finally couldn't resist buying it! I've seen so many positive reviews on blogs and am really looking forward to reading it. A love story with Greek myths, and 7 tasks.







Audiobook:
  • Desires of the Dead by Kimberley Derting. This is the sequel to The Body Finder, (which I also got on audiobook) and finished recently and loved.
I use Audible membership for this (a company linked to Amazon) and download the audio to my kindle to listen to.

http://www.audible.co.uk/




From Swapping:
  • Rockoholic by C.J Skuse. This looks like such a fun, sweet read, and I'm really looking forward to reading it. I think it was a review on Jess's blog Jess Hearts Books that persuaded me that I really wanted to read it. About a girl who meets her rock idol, accidentally manages to kidnap him, and helps him with a drug addiction.
Uk website- http://www.readitswapit.co.uk/





For Review:
  • Everything We Ever Wanted  by Sara Shepherd. Thanks to Netgalley/ HarperCollins. This looks like an emotionally charged book, published in October. I got this to read on my kindle.

From the Library:
  • All The Things We Didn't Say by Sara Shepherd. I saw this in the library and wondered if the book that I had been given for review was a sequel because the titles are so similar (but it's not). This looks like an excellent book as well though. (It was published under the title The Visibles in the US).







That's what I got this week- what did you get in your mailbox?

8 comments:

  1. The Goddess Test! I'm so jealous! I need to buy that book soon but I'm short on funds.

    Hope you enjoy all of your new books (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get Goddess Test, I've also read lots of good review on it! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books for you this week. :)
    I've just finished The Goddess Test and I love it! I hope you're going to enjoy it as much as I did.

    Carina
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow some good ones there...


    heres mine

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't make my mind up about The Goddess Test so I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.

    All The Things We Didn't Say was in my last weeks or the week before IMM I think. I've not got to it yet though.

    Great books. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rockaholic is really fun! Hope you enjoy it and the rest of your books. You can see what I got in my mailbox here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books!
    l have had All The Things We Didn't Say by Sara Shepherd for AGES so l look forward to seeing your review

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read the Goddess Test but hope you're enjoying your books :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva