Thursday 26 May 2011

The Time Will Come #16

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company where we can highlight some of those books that we really want to read but don't know when we'll get round to reading them.


My pick this week is Stray by Rachel Vincent. This is book 1 in an urban fantasy series about shifters. This is one that I've wanted to read for absolutely ages, and I've got the first one on my kindle somewhere. I love the sound of this book, and have heard so many people say they love it.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

There are only eight breeding female werecats left . . .

And I'm one of them.

I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.

Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.

I'd been warned about Strays -- werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female, and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.

This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back . . . for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever -- and whoever -- I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays -- 'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them . . .



5 comments:

  1. Like you, I've heard a lot of people saying good things about this series - and I've been seeing it pop up in quite a few IMM's lately, too. Hope you like it (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this series and it is one of my absolute favorites! Each book just kept getting better. Even if you aren't completely hooked by the first book, keep reading...this is a series I have passed on to a few of my friends and my mom is currently reading the 2nd book. Not one of them has been disappointed. Happy Reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a series l really do need to read!!
    Hope you read this soon as l would love to know your thoughts =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard lots of good things about this series too. You really must read it and let me know what you think. It's been on my wishlist for a while, but it might end up in my basket soon =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva