Sunday 16 October 2011

In My Mailbox 16th October 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where book bloggers can talk about the books they've gotten the past week- whether bought, borrowed, swapped or given for review. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and increase our awareness of all the new books coming out.


 
It also gives me a chance to be nosy and see what everyone else has got to read, and so gives me plenty of new books to pine after!

This week I got...

From the Library:


                                      

Woo-hoo! It's been a week of new Richelle Mead books! I just love anything this author writes- Vampire Academy is one of my all-time favourite series and I feel like I have been waiting for these books forever! I had pre-ordered them both, but then remembered that I have to save money and must not buy any more books, so I had to cancel them. It's been so frustrating seeing other bloggers reading these books and knowing that I have to wait weeks for the library to get them! Finally!
  • Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead is the 6th and final installment of the Succubus series- such a fantastic urban fantasy series, funny and clever, with a feisty lead woman, and a heartbreaking love story, full of ups and downs. There are also vampires and their fondue parties, alcoholic angels, and demons galore. And Seth. *sighs*.  I've read it already and love it- 4.5 of 5 stars, review to come.
  • Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. This is a spin off series from the Vampire Academy series featuring Sydney, Adrian and Jill. I can't wait to read this one.
Kindle Books:

  • Jenny Pox by JL Bryan. This is book 1 in the Supernaturals series and it looks fantastic. This is getting really good reviews, so I'm really excited to read it. This is free for kindle at the moment on Amazon.
That was all my books for this week- lots of reading to catch up on. What did you get this week?
Happy reading!


b

15 comments:

  1. I love Richelle Mead as well! I finished Succubus Revealed last week with me review this week too (great minds eh?). I just adore how she can wrench my heart so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing Jenny Pox around and it sounds so, so good. Hope you enjoy it :D

    I've never read anything by Richelle Mead but her books sound really awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Jenny Pox,
    I hope you enjoy it and your other books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! I've never read Richelle Mead, but I really need to get on that. I've read nothing but positive things about her books.

    Happy Reading!

    Crys
    Wannabe Librarian's IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got Jenny Pox as well. Old follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know, i read the first 3 georgia kincaid books and i while i liked them i just never got the next ones, it was a bit to much sex (yah, yah, shes a succubus..) hope you like succubus revealed.

    http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I really hope you enjoy Jenny Pox, it's one of my favourite books! Bloodlines looks great too but I need to read the previous series first. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard some awesome things about Jenny Pox, and Richelle Mead ROCKS!! Hope you enjoy all your books ;)

    You can see my IMM for this week at the link below :) Happy reading!

    ~Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read Jenny Pox! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  10. The free copy of Jenny Pox makes me sad that I don't have a kindle. I have heard good things about that one. I hope you enjoy.

    Check out my IMM for this week--> http://unautrehistoire.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-14-vlog-6.html

    ~Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I hate when I remember that I have to pay bills and can't buy books. I have no self-control sometimes. :(

    I've been meaning to read some Richelle Mead. Hopefully soon.

    Happy Reading, Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab set! I loved Bloodlines. I keep meaning to read her adult novels.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just read Deep Blue Secret by Christie Anderson. Next will be Bound by CK Bryant and Armor of Light by Karen E Hoover.

    Love books!


    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - some great choices. I've seen Jenny Pox around a lot lately! Happy reading. http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/10/novels-for-teens-who-love-twilight.html

    Shah .X

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva