Sunday 15 January 2012

In My Mailbox 15th January 2012

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where book bloggers can talk about the books they've gotten the past week- whether bought, borrowed, swapped or given for review. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and to increase our awareness of all the new books coming out.




So, a really diverse mixture of books this week but all of them look so great. I got-
 
Bought:
 
  • A Million Suns by Beth Revis in hardback. (Goodreads). This is the sequel to the amazing Across the Universe- scheming, lies, action, suspense, and romance in deep space. Can't wait to read this one (I know I say that about so many books!) and visit Amy and Elder again.







For Review:


  • Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown. (Goodreads). This sounds like an awesome read about a family of murderous mermaids living beneath Lake Superior.
This is due to be published in June 2012. Thanks to Random House Childrens and Netgalley for the advance e-copy of this book.








  • Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley. (Goodreads). Up until recently I had never heard of this book, but then I saw that a lot of book bloggers and reviewers had included this book in their lists of top ten reads of 2011. So many people were so enthusiastic about this book that it made me want to read it too! This is about a girl in her final year of school who searches for the elusive night-time graffiti artist in her town that everybody has been talking about.
This is due to be published in February 2012. Thanks to Random House Childrens and Netgalley for the review e-copy.



That was all the books I got this week. What did you get?
Happy reading!

15 comments:

  1. aw Graffiti Moon I am so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Million Suns is out already? I need to crack on and read Across the Universe soon! Good haul - I'm torn about Lies beneath as a couple of mermaid books have been disappointing so I hope it's good - let us know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, nice haul! I'll have to check out Graffiti Moon, it sounds like something I'd enjoy :) Although my TBR pile is huge as it is, haha! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my IMM for this week.

    Have a nice weekend!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read Graffiti Moon! Got it from netGalley too :)

    Enjoy your books,
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant
    http://tinyurl.com/7xdmqck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome books., can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everywhere I go, I see A Million Suns and What Lies Beneath this week. Good haul.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. everyone is gettng a million suns! hahaha. maybe i should too?

    Check out my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Million Suns was amazing! Hope you'll enjoy it!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set! I still need to read Across the Universe. Then I can get A Million Suns.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHOA! Graffiti Moon is made of awesome!
    New follower :D
    Lisa O. @ TNL

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Lies Beneath can't wait to read it . I'm a new follower .. here is my IMM if you wanna join http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ive been wanting to read Graffiti Moon! New follower here! Here is my IMM: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-3.html...would love it if you followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lies Beneath and A Million Suns (of course Across the Universe first) are two that I've been looking forward to!

    Thanks for your contribution to my TBR list. I stuck Divergent, Daughter of Smoke and Bone AND Unearthly on my list for now! :) I started reading the first in the Vampire Academy series and I just couldn't get into it! I'll be sure to give that one another try, too. I've heard so many good things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I received Lies Beneath as well, can't wait to read it. Enjoy A Million Suns!

    Shorskie's IMM

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Million Suns is out? I suck at this whole 'keeping track of release dates' thing now :P Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva