Sunday 22 April 2012

In My Mailbox 22nd April 2012

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where we get to show others what books we got during the week, whether bought, given, won, downloaded, borrowed from the library or received for review. Then we can visit each other's blogs and see what new books everyone else has this week! This feature was started to increase interaction between book bloggers, and to keep us aware of all the new books coming out.



So a quieter week for me this week. I got-

Bought:



  • Fateful by Claudia Gray. (Goodreads). Werewolves on the Titanic! I have wanted to read this book for absolutely ages. I finally gave up on waiting for my library to get the book in and just bought it. Cannot wait to read this. 



  • Ascend by Amanda Hocking. (Goodreads). I still haven't read the first book in the series yet, Switched, but I really like the sound of these books and the covers are just amazing. These are the US covers. I won a copy of the first book in a contest, so I have been buying up the rest of the series with the covers to match. 




Those we the books I got this week. What did you get this week?
Happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. Your IMM looks great! Ascend is one of the books in my to-read list. I hope you would enjoy both of them.

    Mariska
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choices :) I just ordered Ascend, should be in my mailbox next week :)
    Enjoy your books,
    Nickey

    My IMM: http://tinyurl.com/7zk8y4x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice books. I can't find the linky on the Story Siren page although I have al;ready uploaded my post for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my book covers to match as well - it really frustrates me sometimes when the style of covers change half way through a series - but not as much as when the size of the book does...grrr...

    Great books - I think I have to ook at Fateful in more detail...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fateful was so good! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read Switched yesterday and totally loved it! Now I need the rest of them!

    Enjoy your reads :)

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to have a light week so you can catch up. Here is my post: IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to have a quiet week now and then, isn't it? I saw that Fateful book in the shops over the weekend, actually. My first thoughts were "wtf, werewolves on the titanic?!" I'll be interested to see what you think of it!

    Here's my IMM: http://www.oakenbookcase.com/2012/04/21/in-my-mailbox-10/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice mailbox! I loved Fateful and am very curious about the Switched series :)

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fateful was so good! And I didn't realize Ascend was out yet ... I'm so going to buy it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Hadn't seen Fateful yet. Will add it to my list!

    Here's my IMM + a giveaway. Cheers!
    http://www.yabookscentral.com/community/community-videos/97mg-buehrlen/video/113-yabc-mailbox-april-2012

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amanda Hocking's books with the new covers make them even more appealing, don't they? They really are irresistible!
    Have fun reading!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva