Sunday 29 April 2012

In My Mailbox 29th April 2012

In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where book bloggers can talk about the books they've gotten the past week- whether bought, borrowed, swapped, or given for review. This feature was started to increase interaction between bloggers and to increase our awareness of all the new books coming out.

I have had an awesome book week this week! Check out these beauties!

Bought:

 

  • Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed by E L James. These books were only just released in the UK this week, and I had to snap them up as soon as I could. I read the first book in the series last week, pretty much within a day, because I just couldn't put it down, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about since. Can't wait to get started on these books.
From the Library:

  • Last Echo by Kimberly Derting. This is book 3 in the Body Finder series. (Is anyone else really annoyed that the cover doesn't match the first two?). I've had this one on order for ages so I'm so thrilled that it's finally come in. I absolutely love Violet and Jay- they have to be one of the top fictional couples ever- surely! 






Audiobooks:



  • The Selection by Kiera Cass, Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris, and Purity by Jackson Pearce. I have had all three of these books on my wishlist for months, they all look incredible, and I can't wait to read them all. 
audible.co.uk

For Review:
(All of these thanks to the publisher via Netgalley)

 
  • Glitch by Heather Anastasiu. This is due to be published by St. Martins Griffin in August. It looks so good- a sci fi horror. 
  • Blackwood by Gwenda Bond. I saw promos for this a few weeks and thought it looked so cool. Exciting and kind of creepy. Can't wait to read this one. It is due to be published by Angry Robot in September.
  • Timepiece by Myra McEntire. This is the sequel to Hourglass, which isn't published here in the UK yet, but I have it on pre-order because I love time travel books and this looks perfect for me! I'm so excited that I now have the second book to start as soon as I can get the first one!  This is due to be published by Egmont in June. 

That was my incredible week- so many amazing books. What books did you get this week? 
Happy reading!
x



10 comments:

  1. I love your audio books! I'd love to read all three of them <3 :) I've heard a lot of good things about The Last Echo but I haven't read this series yet. Amazing books this week! :)

    Here's my haul for this week.

    Vicky (:
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really great mailbox, I heard about almost all of them and Timepiece is definitely on my wish list!
    Enjoy your books!

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant
    Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/7gxxyew

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful week. I love the sound of Glitch, and I've been wondering about the fifty shades series, it seems to have such mixed reviews that I wasn't sure. Think I may just pick up the first in the series afterall. I'm also int audibles :) My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mailbox! I read the original fanfic that 50SOG came from - glad you're enjoying these versions ;) Absolutely cannot wait to read the Body Finder and Hourglass series! They look amazing. Really hoping to get my hands on The Selection and Unraveling from publishers soon! *sits by mailbox* Enjoy these fab reads!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have definitely had a good week! I'd love to know what Unravelling is like - I've only recently joined audible so I'm loving any audiobook recommendations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Unraveling would be great to listen to... I read it and really enjoyed!

    Here is this week's Mailbox Post

    Also, don't forget to enter the AWESOME giveaway (ends today)

    Happy Reading!
    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Selection looks sooooo good! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fifty shades series I have seen this on a few mailbox, follow the link if you want to see what i got in my mailbox.. http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-28/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover of Timeless and I am looking forward to your review on Glitch. I picked up Blackwood too and look forward to reviewing it. You can see my books and news on The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got great books! I have seen those Fifty Shades books but don't know much about them. I can't wait to see your reviews of them! Our cover for The Last Echo still matches, it's a purple flower on a black background. I wonder why they changed it?

    Enjoy!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva