Thursday 12 April 2012

The Time Will Come #57

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company, where we can spotlight those books that we've had sitting on our shelves for too long. Books that we really want to read but never seem to get around to.


This is a book I bought months ago after seeing it in an Amazon kindle sale and thinking it looked really good. It's a story about a girl who is kidnapped during Hurricane Katrina and taken into a swampland surrounded by alligators. There is a mysterious paranormal aspect to it as well, as well as elements of the unique New Orleans culture, with voodoo and Mardi Gras. I think it looks great and I really hope to get time to read this sometime.


Hurricane by Jenna-Lynne Duncan

Adriana couldn’t decide what was worse—that Hurricane Katrina was heading for New Orleans, or that she might not survive her kidnapping to see its potential effects. She had trusted Hayden, even fallen for him, and now he and his brother Luke were taking her deeper and deeper into the Bayou. Why had two of her classmates, the mysterious Boudreaux brothers, kidnapped her? Why had Adriana’s dreams started predicting the future? Most importantly, would she make it out of the Bayou alive…



 

6 comments:

  1. Great pick Sally! One of my blogging friends read this book and she really enjoyed it. Donna xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this one sounds good! I've added it to my TBR list!

    My TTWC

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good..thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow your blog, and it's awesome, so I nominated you for The Sunshine Blog Award!

    The Sunshine Blog Award on What I Read Yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this one before, but it definitely sounds intriguing, so I'm adding it to my TBR :)

    I'm a new follower and I'm currently having a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to check it out!

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva