Thursday 26 April 2012

The Time will Come #59

The Time Will Come is a weekly meme hosted by Jodie at Books For Company, where we can spotlight those books that we've had sitting on our shelves for too long. Books that we really want to read but never seem to get around to.



This is book two in a series. I had it on pre-order for it's  release at the end of January. I still haven't read it, and with lots of review books coming up, I don't know when I'll get a chance to read it now. I love the sound of it though, and I generally like the second book in a series, when the characters and mythology of an established story are built upon. In book 1 Ellie discovered her powers, and in this one she explores the limits of what she can do. It looks full of action, with a tantalising forbidden romance! One day I'll read this!



Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton

Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.


Rest of the series


Angelfire - book 1 in the series


Read my review of Angelfire here

3 comments:

  1. I have to confess I've not read either book in this series but I do love the cover art (I'm so shallow!!). Review books do seem to be taking over for me at the moment as well - I think I'm going to read as many as I can in May to get ahead and then spend June just reading books I want to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Angelfire but it's on my TBR list! Hopefully you'll be able to get to this one soon!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my TTWC post! I just realized that I do not follow you for some reason - I thought I did! But anyway, I'm following you now - sorry that I wasn't already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelfire is a book which has put me off due to the size ;/ So bad I know! Hope you like this when you get the chance to read it =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva