Friday 27 April 2012

Unblogged Favourites part five

Unblogged favourites is a sometimes feature here, where I can talk about some of my absolute favourite books from before I started writing a book blog. I noticed when I was preparing my Review Archive that there are many books out there that that I love, and recommend to friends, but that I'd never mentioned on the blog before, simply because I read them before I started writing a blog.

Here are some of them-



The Host by Stephenie Meyer


My rating 5 of 5 stars




Goodreads






I LOVE this book- it is one that I must have re-read a dozen times. I think it is exciting, heartfelt, emotional, and  romantic. It is story about real characters in desperate harsh times.
I can't wait for the release of the film- I only hope it can do the book justice.




    
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
My rating 5 of 5 stars


This is another one of my all-time favourite series. I especially love the humour and the sassiness of the characters, but the whole world of the Shadowhunters is just genius, and the books are gripping, heartbreaking, romantic, sweet, exciting and clever, all at once. I have loved anything written by this author- her other series is The Infernal Devices series, featuring Shadowhunters in Victorian London. Just brilliant.



The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead




My rating 5 of 5 stars




Goodreads




Oh my gosh, how much do I love this series?! This is another instance where I have loved everything this author has written. These are the kind of books that just suck you in- you don't even notice the pages turning, you are so completely sucked into this story. I love the romance in these books- it is never straightforward. Richelle Mead can make you completely fall for these characters, and then rip your heart out with a new tragedy! All these books are all exciting and dramatic, with Mead's typical clever wittiness throughout. Main character Rose is a tough, feisty fighter, and Dimitri is just *stops and daydreams* ... where was I? Right- I love these books!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, is the Cassie Clare series, is that it for that series? Doesn't it have two more books in that series? I think the last one is yet to come out? I know some people were not happy with the fourth book. Have you read that one? What did you think?

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you're right- there are more books in this series, book 4- City of Fallen Angels is out already.
      It's just that it was originally only going to three, and I read the original three so long ago, and then the covers are all so different on the new books (the latest three, I mean), that even though it features the same characters I still think of it as a new series, kind of.
      Book 3 wrapped up all the drama and tied everything together and everyone thought that was it, but then a while later book 4 is announced and the story just kind of ... carried on.
      Don't get me wrong I still love the rest of the Mortal Instruments series, it just has a different feel to it, and I didn't think it was as amazing as the original three.
      Okay- so anyway yeah, to answer your question(!)- There will now be six books in this series, and books 5 and 6 are still to be released!

      Delete
  2. I adore The Host as well - it was a present from an old boyfriend and I have to confess that was the best present I've ever recieved from a boyfriend! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva