Friday 26 April 2013

6 books I'm always recommending to everyone

I always find the question "so what's your favourite book?" impossible to answer- there are way too many and it depends on my mood etc. BUT- there are certain books that I always feel like I'm saying to people "you have to read this!"


(more of my stunning artwork!)


These are 6 books that I recommend all the time. 

  • Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. I love anything written by this author  but this book especially is one of my all-time favourites. I usually try and re-read it about once a year. It's a fantasy series but I think that it because it focuses on the emotions and lives of the characters it could appeal to anyone. I love Yelena the main character- talk about your strong every-woman. 




  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. This series has to be one of the best ever written! It's beautiful, amazing, romantic, terrifying and just- wow! Read it!
My review




  • Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. This series is unique and powerful. I read it years ago and it blew me away then- it still blows me away now. Such a good book. 







  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Hehehe- I got everybody at work (who were initially like- "but it's a kid's book")- reading this and everybody LOVED it! This is one of those books I literally couldn't put down. I like my sleep so it takes a LOT to keep me up all night but this book managed it! This series is just amazing. 




  • Northern Lights by Philip Pullman. It's the whole series I love not just this first book. This is another one that kept me up all night reading it. Thrilling, clever, and just brilliant- this is the book that I wish I'd written myself. It's pure genius. (Don't bother watching the movie though- it's crap).






  • Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck. This is a series that I wish more people knew about. It deserves hype because it magical, lyrical and sweet, and I love how much detail goes into the story and the world-building. And Ren is pretty great too!  ☺ I love this book and am always recommending it to people. 
My review






So those are some of my absolute favourite books ever. What are you waiting for?! Go read them!

8 comments:

  1. I read the first 2 and the hunger games series and loved them! I'll have to check out your other recommendations.

    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah! Finally! Someone else who loves Poison Study! *runs up and tackles you* This book is my all-time favorite and I feel like it doesn't get the respect or the fame that it deserves...gosh it's an awesome book! I love it love it love it!

    ~Emily@Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have poison study and tiger curse on my list and I definitely need to read those two great recs!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post. Hmm I am always recommended the Graveyard Queen series by Amanda Stevens, The Famished Trilogy by Annie Wells, The Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant, Lost Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness and His Fair Assassin Series by Robin LaFevers. I have Smoke n Bone in my TBR pile and loved the Hunger Games

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It's one of my all-time favourite books. I recommend The Hunger Games a lot too. I have all the others on my list - hopefully I can get to them soon. Great post! :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently reading Daughter of smoke and bone :) and I can't wait to get copies from the Poison Study series.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got great taste in books, I've read and loved all of those :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva