Sunday 28 April 2013

Sunday Post 28th April 2013

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ to recap the past week on the blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.



I'm trying not to get too many books while I catch up on what I already have to read, but books seem to find me anyway!



Bought:


  • The Diviners by Libba Bray. Okay I have already read this one on audiobook and loved it, but when I saw a brand new copy at the market for £2 I couldn't resist!
  • Heart-Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne. Another market bargain that I've been wanting to read. 
  • Storm by Brigid Kemmerer. This is the first book in a series I have been wanting to read for ages. I ordered it because I was seriously considering taking part in the read-a-long of this series with Starry Eyed Revue, but it didn't arrive on time. 
From the library:

  • Requiem by Lauren Oliver. Book 3 in the Delirium series. So excited to read this!









Audiobook:

  • Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting. Book 4 in the Body Finder series. More Violet and Jay- woo hoo!








For review:

  • After Eden by Helen Douglas. A new YA sci-fi due to be published in July. Thanks to Bloomsbury and Netgalley for the review copy.
  • The Elite by Keira Cass. Book 2 in The Selection series. Love this series as well. Thanks to Harper Teen and Netgalley for the review copy. 

I posted-


Jess Hearts Books is hosting a read-a-long of the Soul Screamers series. I adore this series, so if you haven't read these books yet but have been meaning to go sign up! Starts this weds May 1st. 


How has your week been? Leave me a link and thanks for stopping by!
Happy reading!

9 comments:

  1. I got a few of the same books this week myself! So excited to read The Elite and Dead Silence, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Storm and didn't hear about the read-A-Long until your post, bummer that I missed it. Hope you have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Storm and Spark. I have an ARC of Spirit and will be reading that closer to the release date. I still need to read The Diviners. And I loved The Body Finder, but haven't read any other books in the series.

    Annnnyways, I hope you enjoy all your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heart-Shaped Bruise was one of my favourite boks from last year - it's incredible. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy your new books. Dead Silence was really good. Happy reading.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to have to share the name of this market with us - I love bargains like that!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bargain on The diviners! I can't wait to read this book :)

    Happy reading!
    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart-Shaped Bruise was intense - I really liked the author's style.

    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some really great new books you bought. :) Hope you enjoy and have a great week.

    I too posted a Sunday Post, if you'd like to stop by:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/sunday-post-9.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva