Wednesday 10 April 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #24

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper where we will post about a book that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our bookshelves.



I really love the sound of this book- my finger has hovered over 'Buy it Now' on Amazon many times. I think it sounds romantic and mysterious. For now though I'm not buying any more books- so it is staying on my wishlist.


On The Fringe by Courtney King Walker  
Synopsis from Goodreads:

Claire is struggling to overcome the murder of her childhood friend and secret crush, Daniel. Everyone else seems to be moving on with their lives, but she's still trying to cope. The fact that she finds herself alone and drowning on her 16th birthday isn't helping. Neither is thinking she sees Daniel's face in murky water as she mysteriously resurfaces. But something happened during those four and a half minutes that will make her realize it was not just her imagination.

As Claire and Daniel try to grasp a possible reconnection, other grudge-holding beings have plans of their own. Now, the two of them have to decide if their fleeting relationship is worth the possibility of Claire being trapped on the fringe forever.

Beautifully told, On the Fringe intertwines fresh ideas about devotion, revenge, and the consequences that come with life and death.



Some reviews of this book:
Jenny at Supernatural Snark- 4 of 5 stars
Angela at Reading Angels- 3 of 5 stars
Danica at Taking it One Page at a Time- 4 of 5 stars
Jen at A Book and a Latte- 4 of 5 stars



5 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, I'll have a look at the reviews to see if it might be something I'd enjoy. I'll hope you'll get to pick it up when you'll be buying books again :-)

    My WW

    Ingrid @ Le chat de Bibliothèque

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I really like the sound of this one! I will be adding it to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing, I hope you get it soon!!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/wishlist-wednesday-42.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting -- hope you get it soon!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it could be a good book! Hope you can get your hands on it!

    Here's my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting choice this week! Thanks for sharing, I hope you enjoy it :)
    my WW

    Shushkat

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva