Wednesday 24 April 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #26

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper where we will post about a book that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our bookshelves.


I love the sound of this book- a dystopian sci-fi full of action and tough lead characters. I haven't seen much about it on the web, but it does look great. 



Dualed by Elsie Chapman
Goodreads
You or your Alt? Only one will survive.

The city of Kersh is a safe haven, but the price of safety is high. Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Survival means advanced schooling, a good job, marriage—life.

Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West’s confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she’s no longer certain that she’s the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future. If she is to have any chance of winning, she must stop running not only from her Alt, but also from love . . . though both have the power to destroy her.

Elsie Chapman's suspenseful YA debut weaves unexpected romance into a novel full of fast-paced action and thought-provoking philosophy. When the story ends, discussions will begin about this future society where every adult is a murderer and every child knows there is another out there who just might be better.




Has anybody read it yet? What did you think? 

6 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot of good things about this book.It sounds really good and is on my TBR list as well! Hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/wishlist-wednesday-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good!!! Like a little bit of The Hunger Games and I forget the name of the book, I think it's Glitch, but I don't rememeber. Anyways, I am definitely adding this to my TBR List.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an eARC of this one, which I finally plan on reading soon!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was gooood! I heard some mixed stuff about it, but for me, it was definitely a good read. REALLY intense - kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time! Hope you get it soon! :)

    My WW: http://yearningtoread.blogspot.com/2013/04/wishlist-wednesday-10-luminous.html

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. I requested this book for review but was denied if I remember correctly. It looks really good though. I picked it up at the bookstore but ended up putting it back down. Hope you get to read it soon!

    Here's my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this one not too long ago but haven't read it yet. It sounds fantastic though! I hope it jumps off your wishlist and onto your bookshelf soon, Sally :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva