Sunday 7 April 2013

Sunday Post 7th April 2013

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ to recap the past week on the blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.



Better week for me this week!



Bought:

  • The Rising by Kelley Armstrong (Darkness Rising, book 3)
  • Sanctum by Sarah Fine. I have wanted the paperback of this for so long- but it was a bit pricey. It's only 99p on kindle this week though, so I have downloaded it. 
From the library:




  • Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (Anna Dressed in Blood, book 2)
  • Sever by Lauren DeStephano (Chemical Garden, book 3)
  • Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines, book 3)
  • Unremembered by Jessica Brody
For review:



  • The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke (Assassin's Curse, book 2). This is due to be published in June 2013. Thanks to Strange Chemistry and Netgalley for the review copy. 
Won:



  • A signed copy of Heist Society by Ally Carter, plus an assortment of bookmarks and swag which I love. Thanks to Alexa at Alexa Loves Books for hosting this competition- I love my prize!


Best of the Bunch for March (monthly wrap-up post and meme)
I wished for Revel on Wishlist Wednesday 


Look out for more book reviews this week and another cover themes post- where I take book covers of a similar theme and set them to music matching the theme. 



This week I have really enjoyed reading...

Interview with Julianna Baggott author of Pure and Fuse from Ex Libris
Discussion on reviewing DNFs from Reading the Best of the Best
April UKYA releases from Fluttering Butterflies


How was your week this week? Get any good books? Leave me a link to your blog in the comments!

12 comments:

  1. Libraries are great places to get new books that you don't want to buy. I get greedy and borrow way much than I can ever read.

    Escapist @ Escapism from Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful win! I've had my eye on that series for a while so can't wait to see what you think of Heist society. And Indigo Spell... I love Richelle's writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for linking me up Sally! Glad you enjoyed the post (:

    Your books look great, I've been looking into the Assassin's Curse books. Hope you enjoy The Pirate's Wish!

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Anna dressed in blood.. Better get started soon.

    Happy reading!
    Showcase -Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just pickup Assassins Curse from my library, I hope it's good. I got The Pirate's Wish yesterday. :D Enjoy your awesome books.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Indigo Spell is fantastic! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray for libraries! I could never afford to buy ALL the books I want to read. Luckily, we have an awesome library system not too far away. Enjoy your books!

    Lark @ The Bookwyrm’s Hoard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of swag - I love to collect swag...


    Heather ~ My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant books this week! Hope you enjoy all your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read Sanctum. Loving the Cover for Sever. New Follower.

    Happy Reading
    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some really good picks this past week. And the discussion on DNF's should be interesting. That is always a great topic. :)

    Hope you have a great week.

    I have a Sunday Post up as well...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/sunday-post-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I still need to read The Rising! I got the first two books, but haven't started reading them, because Kelley's YA endings always make me go crazy. But now that the third one's available, I probably should ASAP. :D

    Happy Reading!

    Patricia // My Week

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Elvendorf Valley and Make Believe kits by Irene Alexeeva